Ghana Visa Information
Participants are encouraged to start processing their visas to enable them secure visas in time. Here are some important points to note;
- Some African participants may not need visa to enter Ghana as the country’s immigration laws allow. Others will need to be issued with visa on arrival at the Kotoka International Airport, Accra.
a. All West African nationals do not need visa to enter Ghana. This is in line with the ECOWAS Protocol of free movement of people, in the sub-region.
b. The nationals of some other African countries eg Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania do not also need visas to travel to Ghana (confirm from your country Foreign Office).
c. Participants from the other African countries can enter Ghana by obtaining visa on arrival at the entry point. The fee for such a visa is US$150, and it is to be paid at the point of entry.
- Non-African participants are required to obtain visas at the Ghana foreign missions i.e. Ghana Embassies/High Commissions, Consulates or other Embassies or bodies authorized by the Government of Ghana to issue visas on her behalf. The respective foreign missions will provide information about the visa fee.
- Participants are provided with invitation letters on their conftool page once you have registered and paid registration fee to enable them secure visas. To access your invitation letter, kindly log on to the 2018 GLOBELICS conftool page https://www.conftool.com/globelics2018 with your credentials and you can download your invitation and other confirmation letters.
- The Local Organizing Committee shall facilitate the visa acquisition process for participants who do not have Ghana missions in their respective countries and must have visa at the point of entry. Such participants will have to provide photocopies of their passports, pay visa processing fee of $150 or give an undertaking to reimburse upon arrival in Ghana.
- For more information, visit Ghana Immigration Service website http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/visa_info.html
- For those who require a copy of the host ID and for any other visa and travel issues, channel your concerns to Masahudu Fuseini: firstname.lastname@example.org.