Researchers and PhD students from low and middle income countries (developing countries) according to the World Bank classification can apply for travel support. Travel support is given as reimbursement (through a reimbursement procedure). Application for travel support must be submitted at the same time as submission of paper.
The deadline for application for travel support is April 21st 2018. Response to applicants is given by May 31st, 2018.
Applicants must make sure to submit to Travel Support through their Conftool user account AND fill out the Travel Support Application form (available for download at the bottom of this page).
Eligible to receive travel support to attend the conference are scholars from developing countries with accepted papers to the Globelics Conference.
The Globelics Secretariat uses the definition from the World Bank: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups
If you are considering applying, please note that:
- You can only apply within limited period of time.
- Your paper must have been accepted.
- If your paper is with a co-author we can only give travel support to the presenting author.
- We do not support applicants residing in the country where the conference is located.
- We do not support employees from Ministries and other government agencies (e.g. development banks).
- We can only support airplane tickets (thus not hotel, taxi, visa costs, food etc.). Please note: We only support low fare/economy class tickets.
- The Globelics Secretariat can only provide travel support in terms of reimbursement of travel costs AFTER the conference.
- The reimbursement procedure starts AFTER the conference.
- We cannot refund costs larger than the amount you are granted.
- We cannot refund costs larger than the documented costs, which mean that we need original tickets and receipts AFTER the conference.
History shows that the number of applicants is proportionally larger than our resources to travel support so please try to look for other sources of finance that can fully or partly finance your travel. We expect to receive many applications and since our funds for travel support is limited, applicants should not expect a 100 % funding.
If you are eligible for – and wish to apply for travel support please read the application procedure described below.
- Before you start the online application process, please estimate your expected travel costs (i.e. the amount you apply for). We suggest that you contact a travel agency to get a ticket price (please use USD as currency). Please try to find cheap flights and consider that the price goes up when you come closer to your departure date. We will assess the reasonability of estimated costs.
- Once we have received your application it will be processed and we will inform you whether or not we can support you. If we choose to support your application you will receive an email with instructions about the reimbursement procedure in due time.
- If you receive travel support you are obliged to participate in a post conference internet based survey conducted by the Globelics Secretariat. The purpose of the survey is to collect information in order to evaluate and improve the activities of the Globelics community.